Throughout its history, the Diplomat Beach Resort, a premier 10-acre beachfront destination in South Florida, has been and still is a gathering place for celebrities and dignitaries.
Picture yourself on soft white sand on an uncrowded beach, soaking up the luxurious ambience and dining in sumptuous restaurants. Whether you choose waterfront or intra-coastal views, your room choice will be perfect.
When the resort reopened on June 1, 2021, after being closed for over a year (during the pandemic), Hollywood Mayor Josh Levy proclaimed the celebratory event as “Diplomat Beach Resort Day.”
“The Diplomat Beach Resort is a landmark for the city of Hollywood and all of South Florida, its decades-long cultural and economic impact remains unmatched.”
Managing Director Laurens Zieren echoed those sentiments at the event saying, “One of the most important things for us is to welcome our staff and guests back.
The buzzing lobby is the place to be. It’s the perfect spot for people-watching and watching fashionably dressed guests on their way to festive occasions like bar mitzvahs, weddings and get-togethers, to sports fans and beachgoers in casual attire.
The ambiance is sophisticated and contemporary, with professional, responsive, courteous and attentive staff.
According to Kyle Simmons, senior director of marketing and e-commerce for the resort, “so much separates this property from virtually any other South Florida resort.”
Kyle continued, “There are many reasons why locals and overseas vacationers continue to choose The Diplomat over all other options.”
• One of the longest stretches of semi-private beach in South Florida, beautiful and completely safe.
• Customers experience the unstoppable level of service The Diplomat provides. They know it the moment they are greeted by front desk agents who have worked here for over 20 years.
• As the largest convention center attached to the resort in South Florida (over 209,000 square feet), the resort features one of the most technologically advanced event spaces in South Florida, accommodating up to to 5,000 attendees. From weddings to business/corporate outings and conventions, the indoor/outdoor space is unparalleled for private events and celebrations. The property has been consistently rated one of the top 10 meeting hotels in the United States by CVENT.
Recently, the station hosted the American-Israeli Council summit, attracting more than 3,000 attendees.
The ballrooms offer the latest technology and stunning ocean views, all leading to a memorable experience. Events can be celebrated outdoors on the Pool Deck, South Palm Court and Diplomat Landing.
Clients can celebrate their simcha onsite with their rabbi or travel to a nearby synagogue or venue and celebrate offsite.
The Diplomat is proud to be the largest hotel in Broward County. It is part of the Curio Collection by Hilton, which is a global collection of upscale hotels handpicked for their exceptional character. The destination resort redefines comfort and style with 1,000 rooms including 515 king rooms and 484 double rooms (96 suites). All rooms offer stunning ocean or intracoastal views.
The rooms feature two distinct design schemes: Sunrise and Sunset. Sunrise rooms are modern, vibrant and refreshing with earthy tones that provide a soothing and calm atmosphere accentuated by the blue colors of the ocean. Sunset Rooms feature a more subtle, modern, and organic design scheme with views of South Florida’s famous western skyline. Guests have a front seat view of stunning sunsets.
The resort has two exclusive Presidential Suites (2,550 square feet), each with $1 million in appointments.
There are four Governor’s Suites (1,550 square feet). Plantation shutters divide bathrooms and bedrooms in all rooms.
All rooms are virus-protected in accordance with Hilton Worldwide CleanStay and EventReady protocols.
For the youngest, activities are offered by the Diplomat Kids’ Club.
The Diplomat is a prime location for business travel and a short distance from major highways and the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
The Aventua Mall, cultural attractions and casinos, and restaurants, including many kosher choices, are all within five miles.
There are currently five restaurants and bars open on site.
• Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s Point Royal is an American coastal restaurant serving breakfast (buffet or a la carte), lunch and dinner.
•Diplomat Prime: Sophisticated 1950s-inspired steakhouse with in-house aged steaks and a chef-led seasonal menu featuring fish selections with an extensive wine list. A reservation is required. Entrance through a private door for anonymity welcomes VIPs. The restaurant is the highest-rated 4-diamond steakhouse in South Florida.
•Playa: Nuevo-Latina beachfront restaurant and bar offering a wide selection of rums and tequila. Serving lunch and dinner in a casual outdoor setting, tacos, fish, salads and more.
• Counter Point: A casual café – the place to go for specialty espresso drinks, coffee, tea and a daily selection of homemade pastries, salads and breakfast sandwiches. All pastries are freshly baked daily.
The New York cheesecake is exceptionally good!
• The Hotel Bar: Features signature upgraded cocktails from hotels around the world, using local ingredients and fresh blends.
•Candy & Cones: Offers innovative artisanal candies and ice creams.
• The canteen offers convenience food and beverages.
• Guests are welcome to Dock & Dine at Diplomat Landing’s 7-dock marina with 350 feet of linear dock or free parking for up to four hours when dining on property.
• Outdoor beachfront swimming pool with infinity bridge, transparent bottom with waterfalls flowing into the 240 foot lagoon-style pool below.
• 25 cabins by the pool
• Outdoor hot tub
• Jet ski, sea kayak, paddleboard rental, volleyball and bike ride
• Full service spa overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Featuring 10 spa treatment rooms, a halotherapy salt hammam, a Vichy shower and a relaxation area.
• Aromatherapy sauna
• Private marina and city trams for local exploration
• a fitness center open 24 hours a day
The resort is located a few miles southeast of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, making it an ideal destination for out-of-town vacationers.
The Diplomat Beach Resort is located at 3555 S Ocean Drive, Hollywood.